Some of you may be lucky enough to have hair that actually likes humidity and behaves better for it! Not so for most of us however… Here are some tips to help with the dog days of summer in South Carolina…
- Once again, as in every other hair tip guide I post, don’t over wash! The drier your hair the more unmanageable it will be. Your natural oils can help to keep it smooth.
- When you do wash, use smoothing shampoos and conditioners like KMS Smoothing or Tame Frizz shampoos!
- Dry carefully! Wring your hair gently with a towel. Don’t rub! If you must blowdry, wait until your hair is almost dry before you start and make sure you blowdry until it is completely dry! Leaving it a little damp will not work.
- If possible, embrace your natural texture! If your hair is naturally wavy or curly, use products to enhance that and possibly forego heat altogether.
- Use frizz taming and smoothing styling products.
- Get your hair permanently straightened! Sparkle Salon uses the Bioionic Retex Straightening System. It really works! Never worry about frizz again!
- If you don’t like the idea of a permanent solution, wear your hair up in a pretty, casual pony or bun. There are lots of easy styles out there that you can do yourself! Just google it! Have a cool Summer!