1. Don’t wash your hair every day! Curly hair tends to be drier than other hair types and washing every day can make ir even drier which tends to cause frizz!
2. Some people recommend drying your hair with a t-shirt! Its much more gentle than a towel but regardless what you use, squeeze the water out gently. Do not rub your hair back and forth as that opens the cuticle of the hair and once again, causes frizz…
3. Don’t use too much product! Once you find a product you like, experiment to see exactly how much you need. Too much can be just as bad as not enough! Generally speaking, use a quarter size shampoo, nickel size conditioner, dime size anti frizz and a golf ball size of mousse.
4. Comb our hair from the bottom up after shampooing to avoid tangling. Use detangled if needed.
5. If you must dry your curly locks, use a diffuser. Diffusers let the heat out without the air which blows the curl out.
on the days you don’t shampoo your hair, just mist it with a water bottle and restyle.
6. Once you have your hair styled, KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF IT! Curly hair was not meant to have fingers sliding through it! That just poofs it up and frizzes it out!
7. Know your hair type. Are you wavy? Curly? Kinky? Coily? Different types of curl require different maintenance and Product.
8. If you don’t have texture in your hair naturally, product isn’t going to make it happen. Products for curly hair help enhance curl. Its doesn’t make it magically appear in straight hair!
Most of these tips are just as good for straight hair too!
I Sparkle! Do you?